Of course, I will also take into account any diagnosis that you have been given by your GP or consultant, but as a herbalist, I see you not solely as a “person with a condition or label”, but as an individual, who requires help in re balancing, restoring and nourishing your body, from the inside.
If you have already been given a diagnosis, some of the conditions that herbal medicine can help with, include:
- Acute issues (common cold, influenza, coughs, rhinosinusitis)
- Allergies (seasonal, or otherwise)
- Anxiety, stress and mild depression
- Arthritis, joint and muscle issues (including back pain and osteoarthritis)
- Cardiovascular problems
- Digestive problems (indigestion, function dyspepsia, IBS – irritable bowel syndrome)
- Hormonal and reproductive health (premenstrual syndrome, menopause, endometriosis, fertility)
- Immunity and auto-immunity
- Respiratory conditions (including uncomplicated respiratory tract infections)
- Skin health
Some people take my medicines as a form of complementary medicine, where they are already taking medication for a condition, but are seeking extra support for their condition, whether that be in the form of alleviating side effects from medication, addressing elements of their that have not been addressed with their medication, or looking for a whole new approach to resolving a condition.
Others choose to see me as one of their primary healthcare providers, because herbal medicine is a preferred form of treatment.
You can read some testimonials from those that have come to see me for treatment here.
Can I use herbal medicine alongside other remedies and treatments?
There are also those who see me for treatment, in addition seeing other health practitioners for different types of complementary therapies. From my experience, and those that receive treatment from me, herbal medicine works well alongside, and complements:
- Ayurveda / Ayurvedic medicine
- Therapeutic massage
- Yoga therapy
If you have any questions about whether herbal medicine could help you, you’re welcome to contact me and I’ll be happy to help.